Asian Language Learning in Schools - National Workshop 2017
ALLiS Workshop 1
Date : Tuesday 14 and Wednesday 15 March 2017
Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre, 58 Waipuna Road, Mt Wellington, Auckland
Time : To be confirmed, proposed for Tuesday10.00am to 5.00pm, Wednesday 8.30am to 3.00pm
The Ministry of Education is hosting a national workshop for representatives from all schools involved in the ALLiS programme. The focus will be on planning for sustainability, sharing updates and discussing resources, as well as opportunities to network with other programmes who are at different stages of delivery. It will be a mixture of presentations and small-group workshops.
The workshop will be for two days, from 14-15 March 2017, at the Waipuna Conference Centre in Auckland. Up to three representatives from each programme may attend; we recommend the ALLiS Coordinator, Lead School principal or other senior leader, and a teacher from another school in the group. If your group is a mixture of primary and secondary schools, or is teaching more than one Asian language, we suggest trying to get a good mix of people representing the primary/secondary and languages teams.
Online registration is now available.
Attendees should register by 1 Feb or as soon as possible after that date please.
Click here to Register » (by invitation only)
Entitlement & Travel Claims
The following is an overview of attendee entitlements:
- All attendees will receive catering during the meeting.
- Parking is either free at the venue or the airport parking expense can be claimed back.
- For those travelling by car (from outside the city of meeting) please take note of your mileage upon departure and return then fill in a claim form (which is based on the appropriate collective agreement). Car pooling is preferred.
- Those requiring flights will have these arranged by Conference Innovators (do not book your own) to suit the meeting agenda. E-tickets will be sent from late January. Transfers will be arranged where required between airport and meeting venue.
- Accommodation will be arranged by Conference Innovators (do not book your own) to suit for those with long journey times, and this will include breakfast ($20-$30 value) and a dinner meal (of maximum value $45 excluding alcohol).
- Travel claim form is provided to all registrants just prior to the meeting. Complete this with receipts for any expenditure and send it back no later than 10 days after the meeting date for reimbursement 1-2 weeks later. If claim forms are not received by due date you will not be reimbursed.
The week before the event a full confirmation letter will be emailed to you reconfirming your arrangements and detailing the following:
- Accommodation (if applicable)
- Pre arranged transfers - coaches or cabs to/ from airport at specific times and hotel transfers where necessary
For queries relating to programme please contact
The ALLiS Team
Ministry of Education
DDI 04 473 7598
For queries relating to registration, travel, transfers, accommodation and claims please contact
Conference Innovators (CI)
DDI 03 929 0289